ARRIVAL TO WORPSWEDE
Worpswede is located in Lower Saxony in the district of Osterholz and is about 30 km north-east of Bremen.
By car, coach, camper van and motorbike:
- from Hamburg via the A1 (exits Sittensen, Bockel, Stuckenborstel, Posthausen and Oyten) or via the federal roads B73 and B74
- from the north via the Glückstadt-Wischhafen ferry and the B495 and B71 trunk roads
- from Hanover via the A7 and the A27 (exits: Bremen-Horn/Lehe; Bremen-Industriehäfen/Ritterhude/Worpswede; Bremen-Burg/Lesum/Osterholz-Scharmbeck; Schwanewede)
- from the south via the A1 and the A27
- from the direction of Oldenburg/Leer/Netherlands via the A28, the B75, the B6 and the A27
By train and bus:
Long-distance trains from all over Germany and Europe arrive daily in Bremen at the main station. Either use bus line 670 of the Bremen/Lower Saxony Transport Association (VBN), which runs from Bremen main station to Worpswede, or take the regional train from Bremen main station to Osterholz-Scharmbeck station and from there take bus line 640 of the Bremen/Lower Saxony Transport Association (VBN) to Worpswede.
Here you will find the direct link to the Deutsche Bahn timetable information. Fahrplanauskunft der Deutschen Bahn
With the Moorexpress:
- From Bremen main station and Stade (only on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays between May and October).